• Our California public school budgets have been slashed and schools continue to be grossly under-funded
• Essential programs in art, music and science have been cut and teachers have been laid off
• Parents are contributing more and more out of their pockets to sustain the public schools while at the same time, class sizes are growing and student-to-teacher ratios are simply too large to provide for effective education our children deserve
• Art enables critical thinking, fosters academic performance and real world solutions in all disciplines
• STEM learning with art at the core (STEAM) is an engaging method of learning
Art is the medium for academic achievement.
We incorporate multi-disciplinary and “multi-intelligence” teaching approaches. Children learn about the context of their art project, the history, math, science, astronomy, biology, geography, chemistry and discoveries surrounding the art masters.
Art is not merely cultural or supplementary education, it is core learning.
The visual arts trains the young brain to analyze, synthesize and solve problems in a STEM world !
Our unique lessons are aligned with state curricula however, we are the antithesis of classroom uniformity and we value the original and individual creative work of each child.
Unlike our competitors, and many public schools, we are not a “copy shop”.
We believe that producing a replica of the teacher’s template is not being creative at all.
If you want to learn how to copy a piece of art, we have cameras in our phones and we have printers.
While we do teach technique, we actively encourage and develop the uniqueness in each child’s creative talent.
“Art is a nation’s most precious heritage. For it is in our works of art that we reveal to ourselves and to others the inner vision which guides us as a nation. And where there is no vision, the people perish. – Lyndon Johnson
“Man will begin to recover the moment he takes art as seriously as physics, chemistry or money”- Ernst Levy
“Teaching the visual arts to young children exposes and exercises the child’s instinct to find multiple paths to a solution as well as multiple solutions to a given problem. This has got to be the most powerful tool we have to create and sustain a nation of innovators” – Richard Borland
Programs After School offers affordable, stimulating and highly attentive class environments to encourage critical thinking, brain development and self-sufficient learning skills in children
Provide excellence in teaching
Constantly inject excitement and innovation into our curricula
Be a fun, people-company
Do the right thing through demonstrated business integrity
Give back to the communities in which we teach